To configure the extension start by:
- opening the extension pane by selecting any message from your message list
- clicking on the "Settings" tab in the bottom navigation bar
- If you have been given a "Preset" configuration by your IT administrator, select it in the first field (set to "custom" in the image above) then scroll to the bottom and save the configuration.
- If you do not have a predefined configuration you can select "default" or "custom" (if setting to "custom" see the following instructions)
Custom configuration is done in five parts:
- Name Formatting:
- How to preview your uploaded emails. You could select one or several placeholders to configure the preview to your likings and needs
- Automatic filing:
- Where to put the email - determine a sub-folder based on the messages content
- Save Settings:
- Here you can select your Time Zone; how to save your stored messages (managing subfolders for .Pdf, .EML and .MSG); and if overwrite (or not) old messages according to your needs
- Metadata Mapping:
- Select a Template Definition or a Metadata Policy (or none)
- Link Security:
- Who can access the files
To configure a section, select the section in the selection menu.
Configure how to preview your Emails and their attachments
Where to put the email - determine a sub-folder based on the messages content
Set your time zone here
Overwrite existing messages
Do not check this option if you do not want S&S to overwrite a preexisting email that has the same file name (e.g. subject). Upon a file collision, S&S will add an incremental number to the end of the file name.
e.g. "proposal-1.pdf", "proposal-2.pdf", etc.
To save an email's attachments as separate files check this option.
Use a sub-folder to store attachments
If you want the attachments saved to a separate sub-folder select this option and indicate the name of the sub-folder.
Save message as PDF
To save a searchable PDF version of the email body (message), select this option.
Example email saved as a PDF
Use a sub-folder to store PDF version
If you want PDF conversions of emails saved to a separate sub-folder select this option and indicate the name of the sub-folder.
Save message as an .eml source file
Saves an original copy of the email that can be later opened by an email client and acted on (replied to, forwarded, etc.)
Save email source as MSG
If you would prefer to save the original copy in the MSG file format, instead of EML, select this option.
Use a sub-folder to store source
If you want original copies of emails saved to a separate sub-folder select this option and indicate the name of the sub-folder.
You can set a Template or Policy here if you need to
Also, at the top of the screen you can see your cloud account in use and you have the possibility to order the files by Name or Date (ascending or descending)